Monday, June 16, 2008

Little Troublemaker!

The phrase "terrible twos" is one that any mother of toddlers can understand well. I have to say that my kids were not "terrible" when they were toddlers - but they certainly did get into a lot of things and needed constant supervision. Well, Lydia is our newest "toddler" and she is no exception. She really gets into everything she possibly can. She is very curious and she is a good climber and is determined to reach what she wants!


Having said all that, this past Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave for church, we did not know where Lydia was. It was Fathers' Day and we were going to have a fellowship after church. I had made a fresh batch of homemade brownies the night before and that morning I cut them up and had just nicely arranged them on the plate to take to church. Well, I had given Lydia just a small taste of one (of course they had to be sampled before we fed them to anyone else) and that small taste only wet her taste buds. After a short search for her, we found her in the kitchen with the entire plate of brownies spilled on the floor. I still am not sure how she got them off of the counter. She had one brownie in each hand and just looked at us with a worried expression and said "no, no!". Well, we had to take a picture before we cleaned up the mess so we wouldn't forget that moment. Even though I knew I couldn't, I just felt like bursting into laughter. These are the pictures for your enjoyment!
So many brownies, so little time!
Which one should I eat next?

4 comments:

Kristie said...

HAHA! Sounds like Evelyn, always getting into something!!
BTW, we are moving to Oklahoma. Jeremiah is taking a small pastorate in Wagoner, OK. We are excited in starting this new venture, but so sad to leave all our dear friends at Lighthouse.

Also, I am revamping my blog--I have been tremendously lax on it, so I started another one.
theblasibunch.blogspot.com

I pray everything is well with your family. Hopefully, we should be moving within a few weeks.
Pray for me--not only to adjust to the new surroundings, but we will be taking on homeschooling as well.

Love you guys--our time in Morelia was unforgettable!!

Kristie

Leslie said...

that's too cute! i loved those moments when mine where that size!enjoy your summer! and we too just went through all of our toys-i couldn't believe how rough boys were toys until i had some-those poor cars died an honorable death -at least that's james said!

The Bryants said...

Too funny! They really can get in to so much in such a short time! Thanks for the giggle. It's good to know it doesn't just happen to me! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ron and family! This is your cousin Michael (Teresa Goodmanś son). Hope all is well with you. You have a beautiful family! I´ve been thinking of you lately and wanted to let you know that I have finally found God and life has never been better for me.So much has changed for me this year and I would love to talk you sometime about it. my address is 7300 w 40th st Little Rock , AR 72204. my # is 501-562-0542. Have a blessed day and I will talk to you soon.