Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lydia!












Well, I can't believe it, but Lydia is now two years old! Wow! Time sure flies. You know it is called the "Terrible Twos", well, I never thought too much about that saying with my other kids. But, Lydia is a different story. She is so curious and into everything. And, of course, since I am always very busy with all the others, she has lots of opportunity. On the very day of her birthday, she broke one of my brand new glass Christmas balls (that I had just put on the tree the night before), and pulled a 2 liter Coke bottle off the kitchen table (hadn't even been opened yet) and it burst open spraying Coke everywhere. Things like that never happen at a calm time either. I was just getting the last minute preparations for dinner! Well, she had a great start to her "Terrible Twos". Her redeeming factor - she is very cute! :) I guess we will keep her!

We celebrated her birthday with a family from our church here. The lady made pizzas and I made a cake. The kids all had a great time especially since that family has five turtles. Lydia was quite amused, but it took her a while to be brave enough to touch the turtles! One of the turtles wouldn't come out of his shell - I think he was probably the smart one. I would have been scared seeing all those kids too! :)

No comments: