Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Bug Slayer!!!! and recent photos of the kids

Since I am always so busy, it seems like I seldom have a chance to post anything new. Today, however, I have a little bit of free time, so I thought I would tell about something that happened a couple of weeks ago. One night, as I was putting Lydia to bed in our room upstairs, I happened to notice a bug on the wall! It was a wind scorpion (non-poisonous, but very painful biter).

(This is a picture of a wind scorpion that I found on the internet.)

I killed it as quickly as I could with a shoe since he was on the wall right by her crib. I went to bed that night thanking the Lord that He helped me see it, but I was also still a bit nervous thinking that there might be more. Well, I woke up early that morning (around 4am) and went to the bathroom. There by our bathroom door was another one (wind scorpion - I thought). So, I got out the same shoe again and killed it! Then I went back to bed relieved that God had allowed me to see that one as well. Then when I woke up later, I asked Ron to clean up those ugly things on the wall. I didn't want to have to touch them at all!!! When we went to get them - I noticed that the other one was a real scorpion! Praise the Lord that I noticed it before it got one of us! Since then I have had "eagle eyes" for anything that might be moving along the wall. I guess my kids are going to call me the "Bug Slayer" now! Hopefully we won't see any more of those nasty things.



Here is a picture that Ron took of the scorpion that I killed. Yuck!





Changing subjects completely - I also wanted to post a few recent pictures that Ron took of the kids. I love my kids! They are so precious to me. Sometimes I get tired, but when I see these pictures it reminds me of what an important job I have and how I need to cherish the times I have with my kids today! They are growing up so quickly. Here they all are!


Andrew & Daniel





Hannah





Elisabeth



Lydia

5 comments:

Grammie's Gleanings said...

Thank the Lord that you were able to see and kill both of those critters. Your little girls are cute as buttons, and your boys are growing up to be handsome young men. I'm going to try to post some pictures of Stacey's kids soon. Of course, they are the cutest!!! But, what grandmother wouldn't say that. Take care and praying you will be in a "bug free" zone.

JRich said...

Wow Jeannie, I'm so glad that you found those. The kids look great. Give them all hugs for me.

Leslie said...

you're braver than I-my hates off to you-
I just prasie the Lord you saw them! Your kiddos are so beautiful-the Lord has blessed-love and miss you-praying for you
Jim says hey to Ron

The DeGarmos said...

oh my! I can totally understand how you felt that used to happen to me in Vegas all the time. Only we had rock scorpians. Anyway I think that your kids are precious and it is funny that I read your blog today because sometimes especially when Justin is out of country that I get very tired and sometimes I ask the Lord why do I have kids I get so frustrated at them but just like you said when you see pics of them and of course when they come to you out of nowhere and tell you how much they love you it reminds me of how precious they really are and how they really aren't such a bother. Praise the Lord.

The Bryants said...

I found a centipede downstairs the other day and that bothered me enough! I don't know how I'd handle scorpions! *Shudder*

The pictures of the kids are precious!